The Elder Scrolls®: Online, ZeniMax, The Elder Scrolls, Bethesda, Bethesda Softworks and related logos
are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the US and/or other countries. This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for fans of the game. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
HomeHelpSearchMembersCalendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · Notifications

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you like the game now that's Live?
Tirani
post Apr 3 2014, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

I'm curious how people are feeling about the game now that it's live?

Do you like it more? Less? Does the game feel completely different? Are you actually grouping up with people now that you actually see another person out in the world?

Some of my observations:
-It's like you're missing half the content because every dungeon is stripped bare.
-Everything seems super easy. Either they nerfed the crap out of the game or I got amazing hella good. Stuff I died to easily when I was 3 levels ABOVE a mob, I'm plowing through 3 levels lower (root sunder payback baby, oh yeah).
-A lot of mini boss mechanics are completely irrelevant because it's just a Nuke zerg fest.
-There are 20 people standing around each mini boss and they die instantly (often before getting a skill off)'
-Bottle necks at quest npc's/broken npcs (I'm looking at you Haven!)
-People are jackasses. Just mean, nasty jackasses. There's no nice way to put it.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jessabella
post Apr 3 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #2

House Pet

Group: Admin
Member No.: 19

I have been unable to get in, Although I was avidly checking for updates all day I was hit with a 5 gb patch just as it went live. So I am still downloading. Luckily I had early access anyway.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 3 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2

They did make the lower levels easier but i don't think they nerfed any of the higher levels content.

I think most of the crowded feelings will go away in a few days. People will start to disperse quickly once they get out of the starter zones ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/28/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Negative
post Apr 3 2014, 04:37 PM
Post #4

Expert at Mediocracy

Member No.: 31

I do agree that in general it feels really crowded but I think that's because 75 percent of the current population is all at the same relative level
+Quote Post
Bherdani
post Apr 6 2014, 01:53 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 24

I totally agree, especially about the sudden lack of difficulty; it's eerily waaaay easier; I've only been doing quests that are orange because everything else is too easy. I realize this makes me sound uberjerk, but I'm really not hardcore at all. I honestly think they tweaked something big time, so I setup my first addon to track dps and xp... Right now I *just* turned 26 and I'm running around Malabal Tor b/c it's actually a challenge :/

I do love having ppl around and not having to beg to group up; any anchor or world boss I stumble on, I can just wait until someone else inevitably shows up. But yes--you can tell where the boss spawns in every dungeon before he shows up and I always have to elbow my way to the counter at the bank (IMG:style_emoticons/28/tongue.gif)

I finally got thru Haven; yet another quest that wasn't broken before but is now...

As for jackasses, I only talk to the Maras and TSO... besides the ninja looters, I hardly know they're there.
+Quote Post
Negative
post Apr 6 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #6

Expert at Mediocracy

Really the only thing that really bothers me is the bugged quests. I know several of the guest bugs I've ran into (NPC's not being there, Objects not being there or not being interactive) I had bugged during the PTS several times. Also I could understand if they were later zones that less people had tested but these are all in Auridon. IMO that entire zone should be rock solid.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 6 2014, 01:49 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Negative @ Apr 6 2014, 02:36 PM) *
IMO that entire zone should be rock solid.

(IMG:style_emoticons/28/agree.gif)

I ran into a few issues myself that i had reported many months ago already. So far nothing game breaking for me but still annoying to deal with ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/28/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
Imryll
post Apr 6 2014, 07:50 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 29

Mostly I'm enjoying the lack of hurry. I'm taking time to read books, to chat with npcs, listen to the bards, enjoy the view.

My highest level character is still on Khenarthi's Roost, avoiding combat where she can and soaking up appalling (to me) amounts of XP from opening chests. She upgraded the shared bank to 100 slots this afternoon and will probably do the final quest sequence prior to leaving for Auridon tomorrow. My plan is for the crowds to pass me by so that by the time I'm ready to tackle things like dungeons the crowds will have thinned out a bit.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 6 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #9

I also enjoy the lack of pressure to get somewhere. I'm playing 3 characters at once which helps keeping me distracted.
(IMG:style_emoticons/28/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Therasia
post Apr 7 2014, 08:15 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 9

I am in total agreement, jackasses is an awfully nice way of putting it (IMG:style_emoticons/28/rolleyes.gif) I have another name for them but its not appropriate! lol... anyhow....the game is going well for me and I've noticed as well that they reduced the difficulty on some instances. A welcomed addition for me, especially on Doshia! although she still beat me at first. Crowding is an issue when banking, but otherwise not too much of an issue so far. I'm grouping up for dungeons and having a blast!!
+Quote Post
Lunachik
post Apr 7 2014, 12:04 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 11

I'm having a great time because I don't feel the pressure to get to level 50 for testing. (IMG:style_emoticons/28/biggrin.gif) I can be as leisurely as I like, and play as many alts as I want. More fun to explore and gather crafting mats too. I have not noticed a big difference in difficulty in EP at all. Seems the same to me, at the lower levels anyway. I'm only lvl 11 on my highest lvl toon. No big gripes, except the usual, 'hell is other ppl' thing. lol
+Quote Post
dolmen
post Apr 8 2014, 07:22 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 18

I am loving the experience. I can take my time with no pressure to do anything. I don't even have to feel guilty about not logging in for days since there isn't that PTS obligation to "test" any more. Though I still do send in the /bug reports as I find things.

So I have four characters going, one for solo play and three others I play along with my wife. So far I've only reached lvl 11 on the solo, the highest level so far. I'm spending more time working out the methods for efficient crafting between these four than anything else.

I read on the ESO forum and FB page about all the issues others are having with this that and the other thing and wonder, when will that happen to me? So far though I have just plunked along without any real major issues. Speaking of, both the ESO forum and FB page are places you need to have your thick skin on before entering. So much rage and mistaken information...

I don't mind seeing all the players around. I've accepted them being in my "space" (IMG:style_emoticons/28/smile.gif)

The only "issue" I have is that Shana, my wife, true to form has demonstrated her "gold drop luck" (GW1 thing) here. In a matter of 10 minutes, in one town, she picked up two Racial Motif books. (IMG:style_emoticons/28/WTF.gif)

+Quote Post
Lunachik
post Apr 9 2014, 11:48 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 11

QUOTE( @ Apr 8 2014, 11:22 AM) *

I am loving the experience. I can take my time with no pressure to do anything. I don't even have to feel guilty about not logging in for days since there isn't that PTS obligation to "test" any more. Though I still do send in the /bug reports as I find things.

So I have four characters going, one for solo play and three others I play along with my wife. So far I've only reached lvl 11 on the solo, the highest level so far. I'm spending more time working out the methods for efficient crafting between these four than anything else.

I read on the ESO forum and FB page about all the issues others are having with this that and the other thing and wonder, when will that happen to me? So far though I have just plunked along without any real major issues. Speaking of, both the ESO forum and FB page are places you need to have your thick skin on before entering. So much rage and mistaken information...

I don't mind seeing all the players around. I've accepted them being in my "space" (IMG:style_emoticons/28/smile.gif)

The only "issue" I have is that Shana, my wife, true to form has demonstrated her "gold drop luck" (GW1 thing) here. In a matter of 10 minutes, in one town, she picked up two Racial Motif books. (IMG:style_emoticons/28/WTF.gif)

I was referring mostly to the forums when I mentioned hell being other ppl. lol The forums have always been my least fave part of the gaming experience, other than zone chat, which I always have turned off btw. I'm glad there are other ppl around to help out w/group content and such. It can be tons of fun w/the right ppl. (IMG:style_emoticons/28/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Negative
post Apr 9 2014, 01:17 PM
Post #14

Expert at Mediocracy

I haven't been in a single group since live. I'm not sure if it's by choice or not. I can't find content hard enough to require a group.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:06 PM