Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keeping a Name you like
TheSidekickOrder.com > T.S.O. Forums > The Guild Hall
dolmen
Did you roll up a bunch of randoms with the Names you wanted but are afraid to try creating the "real" versions of the character with that name because someone might take the name while you are working on tweaking them?

Did you foul up a character and need to redo them but don't want to lose the Name?

Here is a method, tested, that you can use to keep that favorite Name.

1. If you haven't already, roll up a random character, don't worry about any settings for them other than that Name you want.
2. Log that character in, then log right back out to character creation. You now have your place holder for the name.
3. Now go into character create and fiddle and tweak. Check everything twice etc.
4. Hit the Back button into character creation. Yes your changes are still there, go back into create character and see... See? Hit the Back button.
5. Delete that place holder character you made.
6. Go into character creation, quickly, and enter that Name you love.
7. Log them in.

If you do the above quickly there is little chance someone else will grab the name.

SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
Never thought of that, nice find!

I usually have no problem naming my chars since i use full descriptions, not just names.

For example, i currently have:

"Sir Andy likes the Woods"
Wood Elf Templar

"Sir Andy knows Magick"
Breton Sorcerer

"Thorwald Titanborn"
Naked Nord Dragonknight

smile.gif
Jessabella
This is awesome, I never would have thought of it. Luckily I did not have trouble getting Jessabella, my main, a EP sorc, even though i spent some time making her and did not get in till an hour after they secretly opened the forums! Oddly enough, Jessabella does tend to be used in games, lol.

I also made
Serves her Master, my Nord slave on AD

Belladonna Bacia, my Altmer sorc on DC

Aurora Rose, my Imperial DC templar

Although I do feel a bit bad about Aurora Rose, another name I often see used in games, and never by me, lol. But I can't help it, I love Sleeping Beauty, just look at my avatar! But someone snagged my typical Belladonna anyway smile.gif
Negative
Ya my "Negative" name was taken when I logged in sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Negative @ Mar 31 2014, 07:12 PM) *

Ya my "Negative" name was taken when I logged in sad.gif

Are you on the facebook page for the Psijic?

Some people were 'reserving' names they knew from the PTS early on Sunday. Might be worth a try to ask there ...
sad.gif
Negative
No but I'll check there. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.