Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gotta vent, people are so mean!
TheSidekickOrder.com > T.S.O. Forums > The Guild Hall
Jessabella
Sorry, I had to prevent myself from making a community plea thread over on ESO forums. I just can't stand how rude and judgmental others are in response to the frustrating amount of bank being charged early ir multiple times (3 pending charges for me) threads.

People are being affected by this in all ways, in my case a possibly bounced rent check, others a delay in purchasing food. But it never fails the responses are full of you got your priorities wrong or you shouldn't even be playing.

Don't people realize, those of us with tight budgets already know this. ESO was important enough to many to make a sacrifice, something people in such cases are use to doing. But unexpected charges can throw a wrench in even the best of plans

College students, disabled people, retirees with fixed incomes, teens who live at home and only have an allowance (but old enough to play), part time employees, single parents, homeless who use the library's free WiFi, all have a right to play ESO and escape the worries of life for a few hours. It doesn't matter if you have a credit card, or less then 10$ in your account. If you made the effort to get the game, to get the PC or laptop, to find a way to pay your sub starting May, you have a right to play, without someone telling you your priorities are wrong.

headbang.gif
SirAndy
One thing i learned a long time ago: People suck!

The older i get the better i get at ignoring them ...
biggrin.gif
Jessabella
I wish I could, I have way to much empathy! I swear I have to avoid the forums because I want to jump to everyone's defense! It wasn't even me they were being rude too, smile.gif just others.

I feel bad for ZOS mods. It must be so tempting to hit those close and ban buttons. I know I would!
Jessabella
Well my faith in people has been partly restored. I jumped to one innocent souls defense, and was surprised to see a friend invite from them when I logged on. Usaully random requests weird me out, but in this case it was nice to see they noticed!
Negative
I've been wearing one of these since launch:

[Jack of ESO Forum Avoidance]
Armor: 37
Level: 12
Value: 15,648

+1% to Happiness/Sanity
-1% chance to Hulk Smash keyboard
SirAndy
QUOTE(Negative @ Apr 7 2014, 06:17 PM) *

I've been wearing one of these since launch:

[Jack of ESO Forum Avoidance]
Armor: 37
Level: 12
Value: 15,648

+1% to Happiness/Sanity
-1% chance to Hulk Smash keyboard

smilie_pokal.gif
Imryll
I think that much of the problem with the ESO forums is the lack of a general discussion area. "Recent" inundates you with support threads, and there's no place to talk about aspects of the game that don't fit tidily into one of the forums obscure subcategories. Post-release the forums should be serving a community-building function, and they're not designed for it. If your thoughts fit into a neat little box like "skill lines," you're golden, but if you're looking for a place to discuss the game more broadly or just to get to know your fellow players, there's no General Discussion or Off-topic. It's like they don't quite understand that we're no longer guests invited to provide useful, aka specific, feedback, but customers many of whom may want to chat about their in-game experiences without having to divide their posts into snippets appropriate to one of ZOS' categories. I think there are folks there with whom I'd enjoy discussing the game if the forums encouraged that sort of posting and had a structure that enabled me to zero in on such posts.
Jessabella
@Imryll, 100% agree! We need a way to make this a community not just a complaint forum, which is what ESO forums are right now!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jessabella @ Apr 9 2014, 12:47 PM) *
... not just a complaint forum, which is what ESO forums are right now!

I try to stay positive over there but at times it's really hard not to get snippy with people.

It's painful to read at times ...
huh.gif
Negative
ESO forums. Not Even Once.
dolmen
Now that we are past the "30 days", I hope the angst and anger go away. Hoping we get more posts from players who are in ESO to play over the long haul.

I also hope the Gold Sellers and Bots do also in game. Hoping the cost of accounts gets to high for them to be able to make a profit. We will see, it took GW2 close to a year to rid itself of most Bots.

Have my fingers crossed that ZOS follows the Anet idea and sells gold themselves. I never bothered with this in GW2 (buying fake gold for real money seems wrong to me) but I know it cut out the Gold Sellers there.

Any who... been waiting for the 30 days to pass. Now let's see how the real community of ESO players shapes up.

dolmen
I found a place on ESO where there are no complaints, hates, etc.

Check out the Screenshots section.

Yes there are quite a few of the "hey look at me!" and "check out my sexy <race here>" type posts. But then there are quite few really good and interesting videos and screenshots (photographs to my thinking).
dolmen
QUOTE(dolmen @ May 1 2014, 02:50 PM) *

Now that we are past the "30 days", I hope the angst and anger go away. Hoping we get more posts from players who are in ESO to play over the long haul.

I also hope the Gold Sellers and Bots do also in game. Hoping the cost of accounts gets to high for them to be able to make a profit. We will see, it took GW2 close to a year to rid itself of most Bots.

Have my fingers crossed that ZOS follows the Anet idea and sells gold themselves. I never bothered with this in GW2 (buying fake gold for real money seems wrong to me) but I know it cut out the Gold Sellers there.

Any who... been waiting for the 30 days to pass. Now let's see how the real community of ESO players shapes up.

Don't I feel like an ass...

In regards to most of the posts, PTS bashing etc. What I wish I could reply:

KMA.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(dolmen @ May 29 2014, 02:31 PM) *
In regards to most of the posts, PTS bashing etc. What I wish I could reply:
KMA.gif

agree.gif

Beerbong_Ginn
QUOTE(dolmen @ May 9 2014, 04:20 PM) *

I found a place on ESO where there are no complaints, hates, etc.

Check out the Screenshots section.

Yes there are quite a few of the "hey look at me!" and "check out my sexy <race here>" type posts. But then there are quite few really good and interesting videos and screenshots (photographs to my thinking).

Community Creations is about the only section I can visit without going Bruce Banner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.