The Elder Scrolls®: Online, ZeniMax, The Elder Scrolls, Bethesda, Bethesda Softworks and related logos
are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the US and/or other countries. This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for fans of the game. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
HomeHelpSearchMembersCalendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) · Notifications

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone over on EU server?
Tobania
post Apr 17 2014, 08:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

I'm wondering if there is anyone who's also playing on the EU server who would like to be in TSO on that side. I had someone ask me about it in-game and checked with SirAndy on whether it had been done, and I went ahead and remade the guild over there. I'm @Tobania in-game if you want an invite. I go back and forth between the servers, but send me a mail or something on EU or post here and I'll add you on that side. (IMG:style_emoticons/28/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 17 2014, 09:16 AM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

(IMG:style_emoticons/28/smilie_pokal.gif)

Ironically, i haven't been to the EU server at all, and i'm German (moved to the US 15 years ago).

Maybe i'll download that client ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/28/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
Negative
post Apr 17 2014, 11:11 AM
Post #3

Expert at Mediocracy

Member No.: 31

Would there be any reason at all a person with no connections to Europe would want to join that server? Just curious.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 17 2014, 11:50 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Negative @ Apr 17 2014, 12:11 PM) *
Would there be any reason at all a person with no connections to Europe would want to join that server? Just curious.

To learn German/French/Proper English? (IMG:style_emoticons/28/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/28/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Jessabella
post Apr 17 2014, 11:55 AM
Post #5

House Pet

Member No.: 19

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 17 2014, 10:16 AM) *

Ironically, i haven't been to the EU server at all, and i'm German (moved to the US 15 years ago).

Awesome!, My bf spends quite a bit of time in Germany for his job, the company is based in Germany. I've never been myself, but I am also German but I was born in US.
(IMG:style_emoticons/28/beerchug.gif)

I have not been on that server at all either, but I can see how it could be a benefit to some, in the sense that Prime time would be different so it would be easier to find less crowded areas one would think.
+Quote Post
Tobania
post Apr 17 2014, 06:31 PM
Post #6

I'm over there so I can eventually practice my German. Also, I get to have more characters this way.
+Quote Post
dolmen
post Apr 17 2014, 06:34 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 18

Okay I will ask the question... forgive my ignorance

We can download the client (assuming different install path on it) and config for Europe? Another account isn't needed?
+Quote Post
Imryll
post Apr 17 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 29

I'm German extraction, too, on my father's side. (IMG:style_emoticons/28/cheer.gif)

And lived for a year in Dudweiler bei Saarbrucken. Sadly, it was the year after the Munich Olympics, and many of the townsfolk were pretty hostile to foreigners. We didn't realize until men in white coats came for her that the old lady in the apartment below us was accusing us of all sorts of bizarre things. Of course by the time folks realized she wasn't a reliable witness they'd been nasty enough to us that they were uncomfortable around us. The local public librarian, however, was a prince among men and did a lot to make our stay in Germany pleasant.
+Quote Post
Tobania
post Apr 17 2014, 10:02 PM
Post #9

QUOTE( @ Apr 17 2014, 10:34 PM) *

We can download the client (assuming different install path on it) and config for Europe? Another account isn't needed?

Nope, no extra account needed. You just have to change the launcher to EU, let it download, and maintain a separate client. It's annoying because I have 3 installs on my computer still, so the majority of my main hard drive is ESO. Oh well, I'll deal.

You'll also get all your special items on the EU server as well as here - so pets, maps, pledge of Mara etc.

Edit: You don't have to choose a new install path. It will still be in the same folder as Live, just in another folder. So if it's Program Files - Elder Scrolls Online - Live, then it will be P F - ESO - LiveEU

Just copy your addons into the folder for EU if you're using them to use them for that one, too. (IMG:style_emoticons/28/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
dolmen
post Apr 18 2014, 07:28 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 18

QUOTE(Tobania @ Apr 18 2014, 01:02 AM) *

QUOTE( @ Apr 17 2014, 10:34 PM) *

Nope, no extra account needed. You just have to change the launcher to EU, let it download, and maintain a separate client. It's annoying because I have 3 installs on my computer still, so the majority of my main hard drive is ESO. Oh well, I'll deal.

You'll also get all your special items on the EU server as well as here - so pets, maps, pledge of Mara etc.

Edit: You don't have to choose a new install path. It will still be in the same folder as Live, just in another folder. So if it's Program Files - Elder Scrolls Online - Live, then it will be P F - ESO - LiveEU

Just copy your addons into the folder for EU if you're using them to use them for that one, too. (IMG:style_emoticons/28/smile.gif)

3 Installs? I bet, like me, you are maintaining that PTS install, just in case (IMG:style_emoticons/28/smile.gif)

Thanks for the answer, I may not do it but it did satisfy my curious mind.

+Quote Post
Tobania
post Apr 18 2014, 09:58 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(dolmen @ Apr 18 2014, 11:28 AM) *

3 Installs? I bet, like me, you are maintaining that PTS install, just in case (IMG:style_emoticons/28/smile.gif)

Thanks for the answer, I may not do it but it did satisfy my curious mind.

Ha, yeah, I am. Before that I also had the old pts client on there also. I'd have 4 installs on here if I hadn't had to delete one of them to make room for the download (need extra room for DL).
+Quote Post
Negative
post Apr 18 2014, 12:08 PM
Post #12

Expert at Mediocracy

Member No.: 31

Multiple installs was chewing through my SSD very quickly. Had to drop everything but Live and PST
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:36 AM