Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teamspeak - Should we setup our own?
TheSidekickOrder.com > T.S.O. Forums > The Guild Hall
SirAndy
It seems it would be beneficial to have a TSO dedicated teamspeak server.
http://www.teamspeak.com/

Not sure how to go about getting a server setup, but i have used the client before and it was really helpful when grouped up.

What do you all think?
idea.gif
Jessabella
I have mixed feelings. I tried it out in PTS, my internal mic has too much echo so I would just listen in mainly. But I found I would rather hear game sounds. I mean I thought about buying a head set, better than the one I have, but then there is the fact that wearing it kinda interferes with all other sounds around me. So I would likely not use it.
SirAndy
Yeah, i kinda feel the same way.

But the few times i was running with a group of dedicated PvP'ers it sure was beneficial to be able to quickly communicate.

I don't think we're at that level (yet) ...
biggrin.gif
Negative
I would like to have one. But only for very specific times like PvP. Times when 5 seconds makes the difference.

Also, I typically leave my headset around my neck and use my speakers for all audio, both game and speaking.
dolmen
If I understand the way it works, a Team Speak server is always up? You "dial" in and if anyone is on you have someone to talk to. I could see having one outside of PVP just as a place to gab if anyone was so inclined.

@Shana uses Skype for dungeon runs etc. in GW2. Its an alternative but does require getting Skype ID's from everyone for the conference call. That has been a challenge at times.

I good headset is hard to find. I have stack of rejects, all that hurt my ears if I wear them longer than an hour. The current set is okay, it doesn't hurt my ears as much. I have these really great wireless ones but they really hurt my ears. I like them because I can "unplug" and take a cig break without really leaving the "call".

I agree with @Jessabella on the "quality" and the fact the game sounds do get pushed into the background. That bothers me when doing dungeons on GW2 with the guys. I like the music etc. in games and want to hear it. It's part of my immersion smile.gif

All in all though, I'm in favor of some sort of "call" tech being used. Then for group events it would be quicker for others to tell me "Hey Dummy! Don't..." laugh.gif
Soren
Depends on you and what you want out of it. I'm a very social player and my guild uses RaidCall for in game comms and general hanging out. Best part is, is its free where's TS you need to pay monthly.

I use both depending on the game I'm playing and I find it beneficial when I'm running with large groups as I hate the chat system ESO has - again that's just personal preference on my part.
Lunachik
I tend to avoid voice chat like the Llodos plague, even in PvP. If you get something, and I some day have a headset, I may use it. lol
dolmen
QUOTE(Soren @ Apr 22 2014, 04:23 PM) *

Depends on you and what you want out of it. I'm a very social player and my guild uses RaidCall for in game comms and general hanging out. Best part is, is its free where's TS you need to pay monthly.

I use both depending on the game I'm playing and I find it beneficial when I'm running with large groups as I hate the chat system ESO has - again that's just personal preference on my part.

Wait... monthly fee? Ummmm..... No would be my vote then.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dolmen @ Apr 22 2014, 07:23 PM) *
QUOTE( @ Apr 22 2014, 04:23 PM) *

Wait... monthly fee? Ummmm..... No would be my vote then.

Good question on the fee. Let me check on that.

Since i own the server this forum is running on, i was planning on using something i can install here and use for us.

If teamspeak doesn't fit the bill, i'll look at other products.
smile.gif
dolmen
As a suggestion: Skype - we post our Skype ID's here someplace.

I know... some have a problem with it, so it's a suggestion.

@Shana and our guild mates over on GW2 (Fellowship of Greeters, aka FOG) use Skype every Sunday morning (6:00am!) for dungeon runs (aka raids). I have taken part in some of these, those happening at a more reasonable time, and the call quality is quite good. There is however, that issue with the games sounds being pushed back in favor of the call.

So if the Naked Nords want to PVP, and exchange insults, taunts and "suggestions" while in PVP, Skype might be an option.

My Skype name is :dolmen.carnac

And... one of these days (soon I promise) I will get Dolmen out of the wrong alliance and get him set up as a true Naked Nord....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.