Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harvest this!
TheSidekickOrder.com > T.S.O. Forums > The Guild Hall
Negative
I've been in Yosemite for the last few days. Check out the size of this tree. Even this doesnt do it justice. All I could think about was harvesting it.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Whoa! Where exactly is that? Looks like something i'd like to go and check out.

And yes, that'll be a lifetime supply of sanded redwood ...
w00t.gif
Negative
The Grove to the South. Near the southern entrance on Wawona. It's called "The Fallen Giant" There was a couple others there still living I'll post when I find them.
SirAndy
Crap, i drove by there and didn't stop... headbang.gif

I actually got a cabin at the Wawona lodge when i went there in Januray.
drunk.gif
dolmen
Putting seeing this on my bucket list.
SirAndy
Also, that tree reminds me of the Nightwood one can find in Craglorn ...
idea.gif
Lunachik
That is just amazing! biggrin.gif Wonder how many bows I could make w/that?!
dolmen
They may be rare in the game... but not at our house. This is today's harvest... I may have over planted.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE( @ Jun 22 2014, 05:48 PM) *
They may be rare in the game... but not at our house. This is today's harvest... I may have over planted.

Damn, that is a nice harvest! w00t.gif

I'm in a state of perpetual war with the squirrels in my backyard. Around here you need raised planter boxes (contaminated soil everywhere) and the squirrels always find a way to dig up my boxes.
I still manage to get a pretty decent harvest but man i wish i had a large, squirrel free, garden.
dry.gif

PS: Maybe that's why my instance of Bleakrock is littered with dead squirrels ...
dolmen
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 23 2014, 12:25 PM) *

QUOTE( @ Jun 22 2014, 05:48 PM) *

Damn, that is a nice harvest! w00t.gif

I'm in a state of perpetual war with the squirrels in my backyard. Around here you need raised planter boxes (contaminated soil everywhere) and the squirrels always find a way to dig up my boxes.
I still manage to get a pretty decent harvest but man i wish i had a large, squirrel free, garden.
dry.gif

PS: Maybe that's why my instance of Bleakrock is littered with dead squirrels ...

Have you tried a frame covered in wildlife netting? I have to do that to keep the birds off my tomatoes or they would peck everyone of them to pieces.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dolmen @ Jun 24 2014, 06:56 AM) *
Have you tried a frame covered in wildlife netting? I have to do that to keep the birds off my tomatoes or they would peck everyone of them to pieces.

I have chicken wire over all my boxes but them darn critters still manage to get in every once in a while.

At this point, i'm really tempted to get a crossbow ...
ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.