Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: INTRODUCTIONS
TheSidekickOrder.com > T.S.O. Forums > The Guild Hall
Therasia
Hello everyone! I'm happy to have you all as guild mates and looking forward to the ESO launch. I am an avid game player, on consoles and P.C.'s. I play both PvE and PvP so I'm pretty flexible in play style of any game. Crafting for me is going to be a big part of my ESO game, although I am not 100% sure which two I intend to go with. I think I will start with Alchemy, but will have to see how many hoarders are out there! seriously it may be a little slower than on the PTS. Thats about it, looking forward to being a part of SideKick! Nice to meet you all:) rolleyes.gif
SirAndy
I have been playing games for a long time (My first computer was a TRS80) and i've been a fan of TES since the days of Arena.

I used to be what one would call a "hardcore" FPS player during the days of Unreal Tournament and Quake Arena (And Teamarena).

These days i tend to take things a bit slower as i really enjoy the exploring part of games. For ESO, i plan to split my time between PvE and PvP (AvA).

I spent a few years working as a programmer in the gaming industry and now lead a small team of developers (not game related).
bye1.gif
dolmen
Hello guildies. Happy to be here.

I've been playing various computer games since my first Amiga. I've always been interested in the "graphics" side of games. Was at one time a digital artist and member of SIGGRAPH, not so much any more.

On release, I plan to do almost anything but DC related content. In PTS I have been playing just one character and slowly working through that content. I would rather not "reread" it for awhile. Crafting is near the top of my list of things to do.

I am a remote worker with big company doing IT contract work for another big company. (PTS NDA isn't the only one I have ever signed dry.gif )

I would like to take part in PVP but I'm a horrible fighter. Thus I do what I can as a Scout and Guerrilla fighter when I do play PVP.

Potiara
Hello everyone!

I'm Potiara (was always called Poti in WoW), aka, Ladyletal. I grew up with two older brothers that got me into gaming very young, and I've always been particularly enamored of RPGs, starting with Ultima Underworld. I've played a lot RPGs and other PC games before I stumbled into WoW after I got married. I played WoW for 5 years before giving up, and tried other MMOs along the way, such as SWTOR and TSW.

I got into TES playing Oblivion, which I did extensively, as well as Skyrim.

I'm 34, and was born and raised in Brasil, but after getting married I moved to hubby's home country, Puerto Rico. He's in the Air Force now so we live here in the US, have been married over 7 years and have a 4 month old baby boy.
Jessabella
Hi, I'm Jessabella, I'm from San Jose Ca, and I am happily owned.gif and collared wub.gif ESO was my first Elder Scrolls game. Started testing in July and was honored to be added to PTS.

I used to play games pretty much 24/7 , well except for sleep! but I am expecting a little one on Halloween, so my time in ESO is somewhat limited now icon8.gif barf.gif
stevar
Hello,

I have been in computer for a long time too, yet my first one was a comodore 64 ( my cousin got the TRs80 before and so , yeah I started to play on a TRS80 too ;-).

I live in Italy, but I am form Belgium.
Lunachik
Hi all, Luna here. I am very excited to be joining you all. I am a node harvesting fiend!
I have been focused on enchanting, clothing and woodworking in PTS beta, and will be working on those again at launch. I am always happy to help out if you need someone to make things for you to break.

I've been gaming since pen & paper in the 1980s, and love all manner of nerd/geek stuff!

I am also a member of Mara's Moxie, the Psijic Order and Great House Hlaalu, so you may see me in other guilds. biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to getting my craft on, questing my butt off and having a great time! Happy launch everyone! cheer.gif
Tarrs
Hi all, Tarrs here. I kept my name from an old space sim, so if in the very unlikely event you played Jumpgate and you recognize the name, it is still me smile.gif

I'm a long time gamer, as I see many of you are, and I started with Atari as a kid and made my way up to my family's first PC (the fortunately retired 8088) and beyond. I gravitate to computer games rather than console now, and you'll find me playing almost any type of game depending on my mood. ES is a long time love of mine since I got Morrowind many years ago, and my friends were all aware once there was an online version of Elder Scrolls there would be no question of what I'd be playing!

I often solo in online games these days because of the drama (people mixing more rl with game than is healthy usually), but Sidekick has been grand so far and I'm excited SirAndy is keeping it going. I tend to stick to the shadows in many groups but am always willing to help out when and if I am able. If my betrothed requests membership when he starts at release, you'll see we're as opposite in that regard as can be!

Glad to be here smoke.gif
Tabbycat
Hey all I'm Tabbycat.

I've been a TES fan since Morrowind. I enjoy playing MMOs and would describe myself as "Hard-Core Casual". I definitely won't be the first to reach VR10 but I sure will have a lot of fun along the way.
Potiara
Jessabella, I hear you. I had my little one in November (on a beta weekend, actually! Which I tried to participate in while in labor, lol!) and if before I spent countless hours playing PC and PS3 games, now my time is extremely limited!
Jessabella
QUOTE(Potiara @ Mar 27 2014, 08:15 AM) *

Jessabella, I hear you. I had my little one in November (on a beta weekend, actually! Which I tried to participate in while in labor, lol!) and if before I spent countless hours playing PC and PS3 games, now my time is extremely limited!

Were you in Mara also, I stopped, deleted, Facebook, but I recall a Mara beta testing while in labor and posting there. That's committed!

I'm trying to get some crochet baby blankets done as well, so I think I will maybe spend 2 hours a day in game smile.gif I don't even work and I still have no clue how every one finds time for work, rl and gaming. But I was one of those who gamed 12 hours a day before!

Grats on your own Mini Sidekicker, I guess a few more weeks and mine will literally be a sidekicker mueba.gif
Potiara
QUOTE(Jessabella @ Mar 27 2014, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE( @ Mar 27 2014, 08:15 AM) *

Were you in Mara also, I stopped, deleted, Facebook, but I recall a Mara beta testing while in labor and posting there. That's committed!

I'm trying to get some crochet baby blankets done as well, so I think I will maybe spend 2 hours a day in game smile.gif I don't even work and I still have no clue how every one finds time for work, rl and gaming. But I was one of those who gamed 12 hours a day before!

Grats on your own Mini Sidekicker, I guess a few more weeks and mine will literally be a sidekicker mueba.gif

It was very likely me. I did talk to some Maras about it in game, and might have done so on the FB page, but I do know there are more Maras with newborns out there. Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Driosketch
Hey fellow Sidekick members. Looking forward to seeing you all in Live.
Bherdani
Hey Sidekicks!

I've been a TES fan since Morrowind, I'm a big fat lorenerd, and in ESO I do *everything* (except enchanting apparently, b/c $&#%$). I would describe myself also as 'Hard-Core Casual' (thanks for that, Tab!) and I have an alt for every mood. Hope to see you guys around and group up to kick some ass some time smile.gif
Tirani
Hiyas- been playing MMOs forever, new to the whole TES world though.

Uh... I always hated writing those introduction things. No idea what to say about myself! I'm good for a snarky comment or two in game and try not to take things too serious- until I die a lot and get pissed off angry.gif . See you in game =)
Seikon
*waves* Hi guys!

My Elder Scrolls history only goes back to Skyrim where my husband and I sat in the living room together while playing and reading the stories together. I was hooked by the immense creativity that went into making the game and was super excited to hear about the online version.

My husband and I are planning on playing together beginning this afternoon (I really, really, want to get started, but we have a tiny bit of work to do this afternoon first...). And then he's going on a business trip until Thursday, so I'll have lots of time to start up my own character. wink.gif

I have my own business designing websites and graphics for small businesses, and that keeps me occupied mostly during the day, but sometimes in the evenings or weekends (like today).

I love crafting, but don't usually have a focus. I just tend to focus in whatever my character (or maybe my husband's) will need, but I tend to make a lot of things in those areas, so I'll definitely share the "wealth." biggrin.gif

Can't wait to get in game and get playing!
Jessabella
awww so cute, that reminds me of when my bf and I first met. Shortly after we met he lost his job (but trust me it was a good thing) so he had some free time for gaming. I was a big PC RPG gamer, but he was more into console back then. Anyway his addiction was Assassin's Creed, I had never seen the game, and I enjoyed watching him play while giving him foot rubs and back massages. The best part was his apt was on the beach so the job loss actually gave us time to get close and have sunset walks.

I went to his place one day about a month after we met and he opened the door but was hiding behind it, I thought it was silly but when I went inside, he was only wearing his underwear, lol and the apt was trashed! So of course I cleaned while he played AC evilgrin.gif 3 days later I went back and he was still wearing those same undies icon8.gif and playing AC. Of course he did get a new, better job in San Jose, and we moved here and now he never has time to play games anymore!
Imryll
In the early 90s my aunt and uncle asked me to water their plants while they spent most of the summer touring Alaska. They live about 40 minutes away so I wasn't entirely happy about this ... until I started playing Betrayal at Krondor on my uncle's computer. Not long afterwards I decided I needed a 486 at home--for business purposes, of course! dry.gif

Sadly, I didn't discover TES until Morrowind--and might never have if there had been fewer delays with Neverwinter Nights. As it was, I was so overwhelmed when I first emerged onto the deck of the boat in Seyda Neen, that I went straight to bed overcome by the glory of what awaited me. Next day, my husband (Shimarenda) who had made good use of my computer while I slept, bought his own copy.

A post in Morrowind General led us to WoW, which we played several years longer than we should have, although the early on the community on our RP server made it great fun.
Cookesj
@cookesj here, 43-yr old semi-retired married guy with 4 kids. RPG fan since before Ultima I. Last console purchased for myself was an Atari 2600. First computer was a VIC-20 won in an Warlords tournament at the opening of a local Circuit City. Only got into TES with Skyrim with only moderate MMO experience (zero WOW).

@TheToastedOne was very kind in helping me out online and offered me a spot here when I asked about active guilds. Into Crafting and PVE and looking forward to PVPing. Happy to trade any crafted goods for destruction or specific needed mats with anyone.

See you around online...
Tnliverpool
@tnliverpool here. I am 32 and a life long gamer. I started playing on my families first computer, a good ol' Tandy 1000. I got into RPG's playing AD&D, 2nd edition, with my two brothers and a cousin. I started my first MMO experience with MUDs (do they count?) and then Asheron's Call briefly. Then I joined the Navy and my first room mate in Iceland introduced me to Morrowind.

I remember many a night that involved a bottle (or 2) of rum and Morrowind. He also exacerbated my MMO experience by introducing me to EQ. We did that for a short while only before switching to DaoC. That was the true hook on MMO's for me.

From there, the progression (MMOs) went DaoC -> EQ2 -> Age of Conan -> Warhammer -> EQ2 -> Rift -> EQ2 -> GW2 -> ESO.

Of course I also had stops along the way for 100's (see thousands) of hours of Oblivion and Skyrim. I am happily married to my wife of soon to be 10 years and we also have an 8 yr son. In real life I am an engineer and work as a regulator for the government.

Oh, and of course you may have noticed by now that I am an avid Liverpool fan.
Shimarenda
Greetings, fellow Sidekickers. I'm happy to be here.

Imryll has already told most of my recent story. I've been gaming for bit longer than she. My first computer was Color Computer 2 running Microsoft Cassette BASIC. We did play quite a bit of WoW, including "casual raiding", so we're hoping to be a bit more balanced this time around. Should be fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.