Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exploring the unexplored
TheSidekickOrder.com > T.S.O. Forums > The Treasure Chest > Guides and Spoilers
SirAndy
I have been exploring the normally inaccessible parts of the ESO maps since the early beta days.
While a lot of those early holes in the world mesh have since been fixed by ZOS, there are still some spots left where one can leave the confines of the world map and venture out into the unknown.

This usually involves some creative jumping, either on horse or on foot, swimming through Slaughterfish infested waters and sometimes even requires the Sorcerer skill "Bolt Escape".

I am *not* going to show the exact spots and mechanisms for each map on where and how to exit the world.
However, i will point you in the general direction and show you the locations one can still get to. If you want to follow in my footsteps, you will have to figure out the details for yourself.

As i said, many of the holes have been fixed so i will not rely on old data and screenshots but instead go through my archives and see which holes can still be exploited today.

I'll start with my most recent exploration, the island of "Eyevea" and i'll be adding maps to the list below as i go along ...
cheer.gif

List of maps that still have one or more ways to leave the map:

- Eyevea (12/2016)
- Cyrodiil (12/2016)

type.gif
SirAndy
Eyevea

Exit points:

- Towards the north shore
Can't really go anywhere from there besides walking along the shore

- In the upper right (east) corner
There is a group of smaller islands and a bigger one to the north east, all of which can be reached once you get across the water

- In the south near the "Shalidor's Curse" crafting station
There is a whole island chain in the south. Once you manage to reach the first island, you can do some island hopping to almost all of them, including the large island to the far south.

Spots i've been to:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Cyrodiil

Exit points:

- All my previously known exists seem to have been patched, however, i found a new one not known to me until today! (See below)

- South East corner across from the "Nibenay Valley Dolmen"
There is actually a fully modeled small island out there complete with a tower, trees, tents, cooking fire, landing dock and a skeleton sitting next to a table with a Cyrodiil map on it.
I'm not sure if this is a leftover from making the map or maybe part of some future content or something completely different.
Either way, getting there involves a lot of creative jumping and swimming and most importantly, not dying to Slaughterfish.

- I made it from the small island to the "mainland" to the east. I rode straight south and then to the SE corner and from there up north.
I hit a sheer cliff about half way up north that could not be scaled. I rod along the cliff west until i got close to the main map at which point the "You are out of the map and will die!" mechanic kicked in and i got a insta loading screen and port to my home-base.
It does not appear that there is a way further up north from here but there was one more valley that may give me access. I'll try that later.

- Managed to find a way around the southern tip of the map and into the west side.
There are several spots in the west that have LARGE writing on the ground, spellinh "Low Medium High" and "High Ground".

- Also found an error in the water mesh that allows you to walk under water around Topal Bay!

Spots i've been to:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Kleven
QUOTE( @ Dec 24 2016, 03:20 PM) *

I have been actively using sarms and exploring the normally inaccessible parts of the ESO maps since the early beta days.
While a lot of those early holes in the world mesh have since been fixed by ZOS, there are still some spots left where one can leave the confines of the world map and venture out into the unknown.

This usually involves some creative jumping, either on horse or on foot, swimming through Slaughterfish infested waters and sometimes even requires the Sorcerer skill "Bolt Escape".

I am *not* going to show the exact spots and mechanisms for each map on where and how to exit the world.
However, i will point you in the general direction and show you the locations one can still get to. If you want to follow in my footsteps, you will have to figure out the details for yourself.

As i said, many of the holes have been fixed so i will not rely on old data and screenshots but instead go through my archives and see which holes can still be exploited today.

I'll start with my most recent exploration, the island of "Eyevea" and i'll be adding maps to the list below as i go along ...
cheer.gif

List of maps that still have one or more ways to leave the map:

- Eyevea (12/2016)
- Cyrodiil (12/2016)

type.gif

Such a shame that most of those places were fixed. It's so thrilling to discover one of them and I don't think they hurt anyone. Most players would even stumble upon any of them anyway.
SirAndy
Made it to the islands to the north of the Vvardenfell map.
cheer.gif

ZOS is getting better with blocking access, they're now using invisible barriers in addition to the Slaughterfish.
dry.gif

SirAndy
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Also made it to the Firemoth Island in the south west corner of the map. Unfortunately it's rather empty if you get there manually.
sad.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.