Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [GROUP] The Naked Nords
TheSidekickOrder.com > T.S.O. Forums > T.S.O. Groups and Events
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
Please use this thread to discuss anything regarding this group. If we gain enough traction, we can always add a dedicated subforum later.

This group has been around for a while on the PTS but come launch i hope that "The Naked Nords" will be a frequent presence in Cyrodiil.

Update:
We chose 'Goldbrand' as our home campaign!
We claimed Arrius Keep Farm for T.S.O. which means we now have a open guild store there.

The rules are simple:

- You have to be a Nord (or don't mind hanging out with them) and play in EP.
- You have to enjoy PvP (AvA).
- You have to fight naked (see bullet point below).
- You can wear 4 pieces of armor (to allow for set bonuses), which are: Helm/Helmet/Hat and Gauntlet/Bracers/Gloves and Sabatons/Boots/Shoes and a belt of your choice, otherwise it's all bare skin.

Besides that any class, gender and combination goes, no restrictions.

Check in here, mingle, post pictures, organize events, drink mead ...
beerchug.gif
SirAndy
My Naked Nord:

Thorwald Titanborn, Dragon Knight
Jessabella
boo, I totally want to join, but my main, who will be naked (at first) is gonna be a EP Breton, she needs her magic! But maybe she was an escaped slave raised by Nords?
smile.gif

I suppose I could make my char who I plan to call Serves Her Master a naked Nord, but I think that would be just asking for trouble and pervy pm's!
SirAndy
Well, since we're a bunch of tolerant naked Nords, other races will always be welcome to group up with us in PvP.
grouphug.gif
Jessabella
Yay, cause I hate the idea of trying to lvl an alt for PvP As it is, I will be surprised if my main even hits 10 by the end of April. lol-2.gif

I take casual way to seriously.

Maybe we can have the birthday suite Bretons to stand by the Naked Nords as well?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jessabella @ Mar 29 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Maybe we can have the birthday suite Bretons to stand by the Naked Nords as well?

The Naked Alliance? w00t.gif
Lunachik
I am soooo looking forward to this! beer3.gif
Bherdani
I will be rolling "Stark the Nekkid"

So excited for launch!

[EDIT] Any idea which campaign yet?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bherdani @ Mar 29 2014, 08:09 PM) *

No, maybe i'll start a poll ...
idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 31 2014, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE( @ Mar 29 2014, 08:09 PM) *

No, maybe i'll start a poll ...
idea.gif

Vote here:
http://www.thesidekickorder.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=38

bye1.gif
Lunachik
QUOTE(Bherdani @ Mar 29 2014, 11:09 PM) *

I will be rolling "Stark the Nekkid"

So excited for launch!

I rolled my Great Big Manly Man Nekkid Nord today. He has the surprisingly lore friendly name, Beiran Salt-Plank. jester.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE( @ Mar 31 2014, 02:23 PM) *
Beiran Salt-Plank. jester.gif

lol-2.gif

Now i have to spent 1/2 hour trying to get my mind out of the gutter ...
rolleyes.gif
Jessabella
I decided to have some fun with this too, I made a big fat Naked Nord with a handle bar mustache and named him Ate my Clothes
Imryll
QUOTE(Jessabella @ Mar 29 2014, 06:33 PM) *

As it is, I will be surprised if my main even hits 10 by the end of April. lol-2.gif

I take casual way to seriously.

Perhaps we can form a support group? My highest level character is currently 5. Ten by the end of the month may be doable.

My EP alt is a dunmer templar who can claim Wailing Prison naked fighting experience. Why wear clothes that offer no protection, but take durability damage, when you can sell an undamaged set for 12 g? dry.gif
Jessabella
Mine to, I have one at lvl 5 and 4 at lvl 1. I can't stay logged on long before I get nauseous from the screen, so I just chat!
Negative
I'll be adding Negatively Naked to the roster tonight.
Lunachik
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 31 2014, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE( @ Mar 31 2014, 02:23 PM) *
Beiran Salt-Plank. jester.gif

lol-2.gif

Now i have to spent 1/2 hour trying to get my mind out of the gutter ...
rolleyes.gif

Oh, well don't bother, it just means you got my drift. evilgrin.gif
Jessabella
I have to say that has to be one of my favorite names in the game. As far as getting my mind out of the gutter, I have no idea what happened to guild chat last night, but I think my mind is permanently shocked.gif gutter bound now!
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 26 2014, 03:02 PM) *
My Naked Nord:

Thorwald Titanborn, Dragon Knight

Thorwald is almost ready for PvP!
dancinnanner.gif
Negative
We should all pick a level to achieve and then try to set some established times to play. Like Sunday evening or whatever works for everyone. I assume we could all get to level 10 pretty easily. Or since we should all be in the same alliance, I would be happy to group up with others to get to level 10. I'm only level 3 right after skipping the intro.
Jessabella
QUOTE(Negative @ Apr 8 2014, 12:54 PM) *

We should all pick a level to achieve and then try to set some established times to play. Like Sunday evening or whatever works for everyone. I assume we could all get to level 10 pretty easily. Or since we should all be in the same alliance, I would be happy to group up with others to get to level 10. I'm only level 3 right after skipping the intro.

Agree! beerchug.gif I am level 4 on my Nord. But as far as finding a time, blink.gif That might be hard! I try to keep nights and weekends free for my bf although we don't spend every evening together dry.gif But weekends I definitely tend to be out! And of course day times everyone else is at work! This Sunday I will likely not be in game, its our 4 year anniversary cheer.gif !

If everyone else picks a good day, I will try to plan around it. Not having a job does have its benefits. evilgrin.gif
SirAndy
It'll be hard to get everyone out there at the same time, i'm hoping that we'll eventually have enough members to always have a decent presence.

I'm level 9 on my NN and usually weekends are best for me, i'm in CA which unfortunately puts me on the tail end of the night for the US.

Once you reach level 10 just check in here again and we'll see if we can find some time overlap.
fighting19.gif ninja.gif

PS: I think we need some ESO specific smilies ... idea.gif
Negative
I'm with @SirAndy on the weekend and Pacific time (L.A. here) but I could probably work in just about any evening if I had it planned.
Jessabella
California for me as well. At least we have time zone in common
Lunachik
I'm up to lvl 5, slowly but surely...
Bherdani
QUOTE(Lunachik @ Apr 9 2014, 12:51 PM) *

I'm up to lvl 5, slowly but surely...

Luna, me too! We should find each other in game to level our Nords together smile.gif
Negative
I will join that group too. I just got half way through level 4 last night
SirAndy
If you guys meet up let me know and i'll swing by too! drunk.gif

I'm level 9 now, not sure if the phasing will allow me to join in ...
idea.gif

PS: @Negative @Bherdani @Lunachik @Jessabella
Jessabella
Woo Hoo I am semi on time for once, lol I'll log in now and see if you guys are in game mueba.gif
Negative
I just got home from work. Loooong day. Might get on in a sec to check on some crafting traits but that'll probably be all.
Jessabella
We had a little naked group going, Lots of Dancing mueba.gif and probably scaring the locals.
new_shocked.gif bootyshake.gif

And when a guy ran past named man meat it was too funny! @SirAndy, @Lunachik, I think you guys missed Man Meat! Either that or had your fill.
Negative
If it Happens again tonight I will likely be on all night.
Jessabella
Epic nakedness
Lunachik
I decided after last night, to reroll my NN. He is going to be a Nightblade, cos I really suck at playing a tank. lol

He will look the same and have the same name tho, so Beiran Salt-Plank lives! cheer.gif

Had a great time btw! LOVE the screenshots! It was fun freaking ppl out at that quest turn in! tongue.gif
Jessabella
We are the ESO nudists!
Bherdani
Finally got to 10, so I signed up for Goldbrand... ready to die when you are! >.< Let me know when we're gonna show the enemy what we've got... erm, that is, combat-wise...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bherdani @ Apr 14 2014, 12:40 AM) *
Finally got to 10, so I signed up for Goldbrand... ready to die when you are! >.< Let me know when we're gonna show the enemy what we've got... erm, that is, combat-wise...

Same here, level 10, kinda taking it slow waiting for y'all ...
mueba.gif
Negative
Sounds Like I need to get moving. I thought about it real hard (not) and put all my skill points into healing abilities. Now it is impossible to kill anything lol. But I am really hard to kill even with no armor on. Been leveling simply off exploration and chests lol.
SirAndy
Well, the good news is that armor is completely useless in Cyrodiil until you hit level 50, due to the upscaling of low level characters.

So, we'll have the same armor value as anyone else under lvl 50. That also means that the heavy armor skill tree is pretty much useless there too.
I'm trying to get my medium armor up so i can get some buff from those passives, but it's going slow with that one.

As for healing, i invested a few points into my backup weapon, the healing staff. The actually seems to work OK. We'll see if that is enough.
Oh, and i'm trying to get alchemy to the level where i can make those double potions that heal and replenish stamina/magicka at the same time. Almost there!

I think we'll have fun out there ...
evilgrin.gif
SirAndy
Let's summarize this in one post. Below are things that do work and things that don't work when it comes to sub-50 PvP.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Things you do *want*:
- Anything that gives you elemental resistance, like resistance to fire etc.
- Anything that gives you a boost to your critical, both chance and damage modifiers are good. That includes Mundus effects like "The Thief" and "The Shadow".
- Anything that gives you critical hit resistance.
- Anything that gives you armor and spell penetration.
- Anything that gives you armor and spell resistance.
- Anything that increases weapon attack speed.
- Anything that increases movement speed.
- Any passive that gives you a percentage increase for something, like 2% more damage etc.

Armor
Impenetrable Uses Diamond. Increase resistance to critical hits by x.
Reinforced Uses Sardonix. Increase total armor and spell resistance by x%.
Well-fitted Uses Almandine. Reduces the cost of sprinting by x%.
Infused Uses Bloodstone. Increase armor enchantment effect by x%.
Divines Uses Sapphire. Increase Mundus Stone effects by x%.

Weapons
Powered Uses Chysolite. Reduce cooldown of enchantments by x%.
Charged Uses Amethyst. Increase enchantment charges by x%.
Precise Uses Ruby. Increase weapon and spell critical values by x%.
Infused Uses Jade. Increase weapon enchantment effect by x%.
Defending Uses Turquoise. Increase total armor and spell resistance by x%.
Sharpened Uses Fire Opal. Increases armor and spell penetration by x%.
Weighted Uses Citrine. Increase weapon attack speed by x%.

Things that are *useless*:
- Armor buffs that increase your armor value. That includes "The Lady" Mundus effect(!).
- Buffs that increase health/magicka/stamina.
- Buffs that increase health/magicka/stamina regeneration.
- Any passive that gives you a fixed amount of something, like +50 armor etc.

Armor
Sturdy Uses Quartz. x% chance to avoid dacay when defeated.
Training Uses Emerald. Increase armor skill line XP with this armor type by x%.
Exploration Uses Garnet. Increase exploration experience gained by x%.

Weapons
Training Uses Carnelian. Increase weapon skill line XP with this weapon type by x%.

smile.gif
Negative
Might be good to have a "PvP Armor & Weapon" set and a "Leveling Armor & Weapon" set. I actually have 3 sets. One with exploration I wear to run through a zone when I first get there while exploring all the areas. One with Training on it to level my skills super fast while doing quests and such. Then a fighting one I wear in PvP or if I am fighting a really hard boss or something similar.
SirAndy
Yes, i plan to have a dedicated set for PvP and another set for PvE.

In PvE, i'll need all the additional armor value i can get.
Of course, i won't hold it against any of you if you decide to wear full armor in PvE, but so far, i have been doing just fine with my limited wardrobe.
shades.gif
Negative
Never! Naked is in the name and so it shall be. You may die more but it's a lot less armor to repair also.

beerchug.gif
Bherdani
Andy, this is GOLD, thank you!

I would only add, in Mr. T's voice: "You need soul gems, fool! SOUL GEMS!!!!"
Lunachik
So much good info! I did pretty well last night, to my surprise, not dying! We had some naked boss killing going on, and it was a blast. biggrin.gif
Jessabella
I have never played any char other then Sorc, so I am used to practically no armor. I imagine its harder for those that are used to heavy armor.

I accidentally made my Naked Nord a DK but I am finding the change fun, especially since my main is also on EP.

I just hit 10 on my main so I logged out for dinner. I'll jump on my Naked Nord later if anyone wants to group up. Otherwise I will work towards 10
Jessabella
Added a new reply instead of edit, I got to 7 on my Naked Nord buddying up with someone in my super tiny random guild, lol Every one needs at least 1 random guild right beerchug.gif

So I am closer to naked Pvp. But if you guys want to get started earlier, my birthday suite breton, aka my main is now 10 and more then willing to try some naked PvP! bootyshake.gif
SirAndy
I went and checked out Goldbrand tonight, it's pretty much all red (EP).
Not sure how much fun that will be, i really hope we have some more AD and DC show up...
dry.gif

On the upside, i claimed Arrius Keep Farm for T.S.O. so we now have a open guild store there. biggrin.gif

How about we come up with a time & date that everyone can agree on and just start running around?
idea.gif

@Jessabella @Lunachik @Bherdani @Negative @Imryll
Negative
Weekends are better than weekdays for me but I am occasionally on weekdays in the later afternoon/evening time for small random amounts of time.

For weekends I have no plans so if we do something then I can plan around it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.