Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should i add notifications to threads using @username?
TheSidekickOrder.com > T.S.O. Forums > The Guild Hall
SirAndy
I'm thinking about adding some custom code to the forum software to support @username style notifications.

That way, i would be much easier to get someone's attention in a thread/post.

What does the collective think of this idea?
idea.gif
Jessabella
A great big YUP from me.
Tarrs
Definitely yes
SirAndy
Alright, here is the first version, let me know what you think!

- You can use the "Notifications" link in the upper right corner to see a list of the last 20 notifications you've received.
If needed, we can bump up that number.

- If you have new notifications, there will be a number in a RED block in front of the menu link.

- Going to the notification page will automatically mark them off as 'read' and the red number will go away.

- You can use the @Username tag in new posts, new topics, replies and quotes.

- You can *not* tag yourself. Duh!

- Currently, you can *NOT* tag people with usernames that have special characters or spaces. I'm still working on that part.

Now, lessie if this works biggrin.gif

@Guild Master @SirAndy @Tabbycat @Necro @Kessira @Tnliverpool @Seikon @Therasia @Tarrs @Lunachik @Potiara @Nezix @Tirani @Tobania @Soren @stevar @dolmen @Jessabella @hawklost @Lilith @Leighton Karidian @Cadel @Bherdani @S'afir @Teeg @Tremnas @Driosketch @Imryll @Shimarenda @Negative @Musashi_X @DKP @Moonfell @tabrizia

popcorn.gif
Jessabella
Worked for me clap.gif
Negative
This will be a quick way to get to someone for crafting swapping as well. Excellent.
Tarrs
Agreed, this will be super helpful with crafting. Worked for me too!
Tnliverpool
Worked here as well. Will be a nice help for crafting swapping.
Negative
Awesome. I'll use this chance to spam once that we now have an easy form to fill out to be able to edit all the spreadsheets that have been made over the in crafters corner.

The entire process should be pretty painless now.

@Guild Master @SirAndy @Tabbycat @Necro @Kessira @Tnliverpool @Seikon @Therasia @Tarrs @Lunachik @Potiara @Nezix @Tirani @Tobania @Soren @stevar @dolmen @Jessabella @hawklost @Lilith @Leighton Karidian @Cadel @Bherdani @S'afir @Teeg @Tremnas @Driosketch @Imryll @Shimarenda @Negative @Musashi_X @DKP @Moonfell @tabrizia
SirAndy
Alright, i promise this is the last time (if it works) ... shocked.gif

This should now also include usernames with special characters and even spaces!

wub.gif
Jessabella
Just getting my spam on bye1.gif @SirAndy

Did it work evilgrin.gif

Edit, looks like you can't add punctuation after username.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jessabella @ Apr 3 2014, 08:30 PM) *

Damn it! That's because i added the dot to the valid characters for usernames.
But, i know how to fix that ...

Get ready for some more spam!
spam.gif evilgrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jessabella @ Apr 3 2014, 08:30 PM) *

Ok, looks like this is fixed, @Jessabella.

ninja.gif
Jessabella
cheer.gif I found a bug!
smilie_pokal.gif
Tnliverpool
This is a really nice feature. Thankfully we are all adults here and won't randomly spam people like @SirAndy or @Jessabella just to be a nuisance.

Ok, that is out of my system now lol-2.gif
Lunachik
Totally worked, yay!
Tobania
I had a notification! I had a few, actually. biggrin.gif
Seikon
cheer.gif Yay!
Soren
+1 on epic feature =p
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.