Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Login from Unknown IP Adress
TheSidekickOrder.com > T.S.O. Forums > The Guild Hall
dolmen
I played this morning with no login issues ( haven't had any for a very long time ).

Started up the game again this afternoon, got the Unknown IP address error.
No issue though, got the code and dropped it in and moved on.

I'm just wondering about it since I have not had this happen since way,way back last year. Wondering if ZOS did something or if my ISP did something is all.

Negative
Your modem at home probably just got a new IP from the ISP. While annoying, it shouldn't be anything to worry about. I wish there was a way to opt out of it.
dolmen
QUOTE(Negative @ Apr 9 2014, 04:13 PM) *

Your modem at home probably just got a new IP from the ISP. While annoying, it shouldn't be anything to worry about. I wish there was a way to opt out of it.

@Negative - Thanks, I suspected the same thing, just was curious. Personally I like this little bit of extra security ZOZ put in.
Negative
Ya, I like it. But personally, I travel a lot so have to approve over and over again every time I go to a new location.
Negative
FWIW, I got one today too.
SirAndy
My public IP hasn't changed in over a year and i have gotten those validation popups too.

Not sure if this is really working as intended ...
popcorn.gif
Imryll
I got one today, also, and Shim got one when he tried to access his account to redeem the codes for our physical copies. Security is good, but I'd rather they settled on something less intrusive.
Jessabella
I get them all the time, but I expect it, We have free WiFi in my apt building so it's unavoidable for me.
Shimarenda
Because ZOS should only be seeing the IP address of our router, it seems strange that Imryll and I don't get validation popups at the same time or that the second of us to log on will get one. I'm not sure how it is supposed to work, but it seems a bit off right now.
dolmen
This may be wider than just ZOS or our ISP's. Had my Steam account demand the same thing this morning after I don't know how may years...

Or... my ISP did hand out a new address yesterday after years with the same one... DHCP... not my most favorite of things.
Negative
It may have just been that ZOS wiped the records they had of all accounts known IP. Maybe it's related to heartbleed somehow?
Lunachik
I've been reading about Heartbleed. Its already happened, so its just damaged control for those who are affected at this point. I'm all for extra security when needed tho. I did get those messages starting yesterday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.